VMN Annual Training Conference
September 9-10, 2017.
Call for Speakers
Deadline for submission March 31, 2017.
Speaking at Conferences is a great way to present new ideas, increase name recognition, and gain credibility, both within your community and with potential clients. VMN is always looking for presentations that are thought provoking and learning opportunities for mediators in Virginia.
The Virginia Mediation Network is hosting the annual Fall Training Conference on September 9-10, 2017 and is looking for presentations that would be of interest to conference participants. The conference will be held at University of Richmond School of Law in Richmond, Virginia. VMN is seeking proposals for concurrent workshops (1.5 hours in length) which will be scheduled for either September 9th or 10th.
All conference presentation ideas are welcome for review. To assist in thinking about topic areas, past participants have identified various topics of interest(listed below). This list is NOT an exhaustive list. It is offered to spark further thought and creativity.
Possible Session Ideas:
- Financial track that includes: Spousal and child support, equitable distribution, 401(k) issues, tax issues, and other financial matters in mediation.
- 'Silver Divorce' issues
- Public Conflict and Solving Public Problems
- Future of Mediation in Academia
- Panel Discussion(s)
- Cultural differences and/or religious differences in mediation
- Focused exploration on a part of the mediation process
- Restorative Justice
- Child issues in mediation
- Employment Law mediation
- Personality types, personality disorders, and other mental health issues and how they impact the mediation process.
- Conflict coaching seminar
- Marketing and business development
Speaker proposals are being accepted until March 31, 2017. All handouts are required when submitting the program proposal as these materials are needed for both the CME and CLE application process. When submitting a program proposal, all attachments plus a brief, personal bio, must be included for consideration. For your convenience, the checklist for submitting proposals is outlined below:
1. Click on link for “Call for Speakers” Program Checklist
2. Click on link for ADR CME Application
This form must be completed and returned with all other information so that continuing mediator credits can be applied for from Dispute Resolution Services at the Supreme Court of Virginia. Please note your signature is required on this form. If you do not have a way to electronically sign the form, you can mail this particular form to address below.
3. A brief bio of all speakers that will be presenting during workshop.
4. Handouts, worksheets, role plays, power point presentations, etc. that you will include in your presentation. Please review the CME application guidelines as specificity is required on this form. Handouts that you want participants to have during the session (that are included in the training manual that each conference participant receives) will need to be included.
Our Mailing address:
P.O. Box 29007
Henrico, VA 23242
VMN Fall 2017 Conference Committee