Virginia Mediation Network Annual Fall Training Conference
September 22 & 23, 2018 at the University of Richmond Jepson Alumni Center
The Virginia Mediation Network is hosting the annual Fall Training Conference September 22 & 23, 2018. The conference will be held at University of Richmond Jepson Alumni Center. VMN is looking for workshop presentations that would be of interest to conference participants and reflect the conference theme for 2018: Resolving Conflict: Challenges and Opportunities that Impact Our Communities.
VMN is seeking proposals for concurrent workshops (1.5 hours in length) which will be scheduled for either Saturday, September 22nd or Sunday, September 23rd. Speakers will be offered a $50 discount on conference registration fees, or a stipend of $50.00 to cover travel expenses.
Workshops on implementing Conflict Resolution in both Public and Private sectors are of special interest however, all conference presentation ideas are welcome for review. To assist in thinking about topic areas, past participants have identified the topic areas listed below as interest for more training. This list is NOT exhaustive of the possibilities. It is offered to spark further thought and creativity.
Possible Session Ideas:
- Cultural differences and/or religious differences in mediation.
- Restorative Justice.
- Conflict Resolution methods that assist our Communities
- Cultural and Political impact of Conflict Resolution
- Personality types, personality disorders, and other mental health issues and how they impact the mediation process.
- Conflict coaching seminar.
- Focused exploration on a part of the mediation process
- Panel discussion on the utilization of mediation in the future
- Financial track that includes: Spousal & child support, equitable distribution, 401(k) issues, tax issues, and other financial matters in mediation – implications of new Federal Tax Law
- ‘Silver’ Divorce issues.
- Elder mediation
- Child issues in mediation
Speaker proposals are being accepted until April 9, 2018. All handouts are required when submitting the program proposal as these materials are needed for both the CME and CLE application process.
For your convenience, the checklist for submitting proposals is outlined below:
- “Call for Speakers” Program Form
- ADR CME Application: This form must be completed and returned with all other information so that continuing mediator credits can be applied for from Dispute Resolution Services at the Supreme Court of Virginia. Please note your signature is required on this form. If you do not have a way to electronically sign the form, you can mail this particular form to address below.
- A brief bio of all speakers that are presenting (3 – 5 sentences).
- A workshop description for program printing (3-5 sentences).
- Handouts, worksheets, role plays, power point presentations, etc. that you will include in your presentation. Please review the CME application guidelines as specificity is required on this form. Handouts that you want participants to have during the session (that are included in the training manual that each conference participant receives) will need to be included.
Our Mailing address:
P.O. Box 29007
Henrico, VA 23242
VMN Fall 2018 Conference Committee
Dan Hand, VMN Conference Co-Chair
Susan Buckley, VMN Conference Co-Chair
Karen Richards, VMN Board
Moné Rowan – Ardura, VMN Conference Committee
Brenda Booth- Lowry, VMN Board
Jeanne Mann, VMN Administrator