VMN & VACCR visit the Virginia General Assembly on January 24, 2018!
Join the Virginia Mediation Network and the Virginia Association for Community Conflict Resolution as we travel to the General Assembly in Richmond on Wednesday, January 24, 2018* for a special Legislative Day.
We want to thank Delegates and Senators for their support these past years. We also plan to educate legislators about the importance of mediation here in Virginia and how mediation/conflict resolution can help their constituents. And VMN has submitted the application to new Governor Elect Ralph Northam to proclaim March is Mediation Month in Virginia.
We will have materials for you to give to legislators along with talking points for your conversations with legislators and their aides. We will start in the morning and work through the afternoon.
If you would like to join us in Richmond on January 24th, please register below. We will send logistical information, including the start time, where we will meet and parking information, once you have registered.
*Note: Inclement weather date of Wednesday, January 31, 2018.
Extra, Extra, Read all about it! The December 2017 VMN Link is out today!
Stay tuned for Spring 2018 Conference details! The Conference Committee is hard at work planning the 2018 Learning opportunities. Be on the lookout for Webinars in the Spring of 2018 and the Annual Fall Conference at the University of Richmond School of Law in September 2018!
Be sure to register / renew your 2018 VMN Membership to take advantage of:
- Networking and marketing opportunities with attorneys, mediators, financial professionals, and other providers
- Educational programs, conferences and meetings that qualify for continuing education credits
- Mediation promotion and referral programs that can augment your practice development efforts
- Membership in VMN is your entrée into the Virginia mediation community, and signifies your participation in the field of dispute resolution in Virginia.
- Representation and liaison for mediation issues with the VA Legislature, VA Courts, VA Bar Association, Universities and more
- Discounts to conferences and training sessions
- Discounted professional liability insurance
- Membership in VMN tells clients you have a commitment to mediation.
- Clients benefit from a multidisciplinary network of professionals you can refer to, and the ongoing mediation training VMN provides
Congratulations to Larry Gaughan!
Mediator of the Year, 2017.