Working it Out: Using Mediation Skills in Our Communities
This webinar highlights how mediators from the Piedmont Dispute Resolution Center (PDRC) helped strengthen the relationship between African American neighbors and law enforcement in Warrenton, VA by applying the basic skills of active listening, effective questioning, clarifying needs, reaching common ground and providing a safe space for everyone to speak their truth. The work PDRC did in Warrenton was part of a two-year, national grant project. One hour of CME credit has been applied for and is pending.
Would you like to share your experiences with your fellow Mediators?
The VMN newsletter "The Link" is a great way to communicate with members of Virginia Mediation Network. The deadline for submitting to the VMN Newsletter "The Link" is May 25, 2018 for the June, 2018 Edition.
Save the Date!
The Virginia Mediation Network Fall Training Conference will be held
September 22 & 23, 2018 at the University of Richmond Jepson Alumni Center.
If you are interested in providing a presentation for the Fall Conference, please go to Conferences Tab for details on submitting a proposal. Deadline to submit proposals is April 9, 2018.
Be sure to register / renew your 2018 VMN Membership to take advantage of:
- Networking and marketing opportunities with attorneys, mediators, financial professionals, and other providers
- Educational programs, conferences and meetings that qualify for continuing education credits
- Mediation promotion and referral programs that can augment your practice development efforts
- Membership in VMN is your entrée into the Virginia mediation community, and signifies your participation in the field of dispute resolution in Virginia.
- Representation and liaison for mediation issues with the VA Legislature, VA Courts, VA Bar Association, Universities and more
- Discounts to conferences and training sessions
- Discounted professional liability insurance
- Membership in VMN tells clients you have a commitment to mediation.
- Clients benefit from a multidisciplinary network of professionals you can refer to, and the ongoing mediation training VMN provides
Congratulations to Larry Gaughan!
Mediator of the Year, 2017.