VMN Annual Training Conference
September 28-29, 2019
Deadline for submission June 1, 2019
Speaking at Conferences is a great way to present new ideas, increase name recognition, and gain credibility, both within your community and with potential clients. The Virginia Mediation Network is always looking for presentations that are thought provoking and learning opportunities for mediators in Virginia.
VMN is hosting the annual Fall Training Conference September 28-29, 2019 and is looking for presentations that would be of interest to conference participants. The conference will be held at the University of Richmond Jepson Alumni Center in Richmond, Virginia. VMN is seeking proposals for concurrent workshops (1.5 hours in length) which will be scheduled for either September 28th or 29th. All conference presentation ideas are welcome for review. To assist in thinking about topic areas, past participants have identified various topics of interest listed below. It is offered to spark thought and creativity.
Possible Session Ideas:
- Spousal and child support, equitable distribution, 401(k)issues, tax issues, and other financial matters in mediation
- 'Silver Divorce' issues
- Public Conflict and Solving Public Problems
- Future of Mediation in Academia
- Panel Discussion(s)
- Cultural differences and/or religious differences in mediation
- Focused exploration on a part of the mediation process
- Restorative Justice
- Child issues in mediation
- Employment Law mediation
- Personality types, personality disorders, and other mental health issues and how they impact the mediation process
- Conflict coaching seminar
Speaker proposals are being accepted until June 1, 2019. All handouts are required when submitting the program proposal as these materials are needed for both the CME and CLE application process. When submitting a program proposal, all attachments plus a brief, personal bio, must be included for consideration. For your convenience, the checklist for submitting proposals is outlined below. Click on the bold letters for link to forms.
- Call for Speakers Program Checklist form
- ADR CME Application signed by all speakers in program. This form must be completed and returned with all other information so that continuing mediator credits can be applied for from Dispute Resolution Services at the Supreme Court of Virginia. Please note your signature is required on this form. If you do not have a way to electronically sign the form, you can mail this particular form to the address below.
- A brief bio (no more than one paragraph) for the conference program.
- Handouts, worksheets, role plays, power point presentations, etc. that you will include in your presentation. Please review the CME application guidelines as specificity is required on this form. Handouts that you want participants to have during the session (that are included in the training manual that each conference participant receives) will need to be included.
Our mailing address:
P.O. Box 29007
Henrico, VA 23242
VMN Fall 2019 Conference Committee
Daniel Hand, VMN Board Member, Conference Committee Chair
Brenda Booth Lowry, VMN Board Member
Karen Richards, VMN Member
Dale Robinson, VMN Board Member