If COVID-19 has taught us anything, it is that we need to be adaptable, innovative and connected. To that end, the Virginia Mediation Network, Virginia’s membership organization for ADR practitioners, has introduced new membership categories, with accompanying discounts, to connect more people to the VMN family.
Along with VMN’s Enhanced ($200), Basic ($150) and Student/Newly Certified ($25) memberships, the following new membership categories have been added.
Institutional Membership: $500.00
An institutional member represents an interest group, an institution of higher education, or a governmental institution. Institutional Membership includes membership benefits for five individuals associated with the institution and use of the VMN logo. Additional memberships are $100 each.
Community Mediation Center Membership: $225.00
Community mediation center membership is for Virginia’s non-profit ADR centers. It includes membership benefits for three individuals associated with the centers. (Centers are encouraged to provide at least two of the memberships to center volunteers.)
Community Mediation Center Volunteer: $75.00
This is a discounted Basic Membership for individuals who serve as an unpaid volunteer at a Community Mediation Center in Virginia.
VMN memberships can begin at any time during the year to receive a full year’s worth of benefits.
To join or renew your VMN membership click here and go to “Join Us” at the bottom of the page.
These new categories qualify for VMN’s basic benefits, including
- Networking opportunities with attorneys, mediators, other ADR and service providers (discounted conferences)
- Marketing opportunities with attorneys, mediators, and other ADR providers (“Find a Mediator” listing on the VMN website, discounting advertising in conference programs and use of the VMN member seal)
- Discounted ADR education/continuing education with mediator continuing education credits (conference sessions and webinars)
- Representation and liaison for mediation issues with the VA Legislature, VA Courts, VA Bar Association and Virginia State Bar (Joint ADR Committee), Universities and more
- Discount of $50 for MC3 Certification
- Opportunities to help chart the future of ADR in Virginia by serving on VMN committees and/or Board of Directors.
As the Virginia Mediation Network we can chart the exciting future of alternative dispute resolution in Virginia. We hope you and your organization will join us.