Deadline to submit articles, photos or events to the VMN Commnunications Committee for the December, 2018 Newsletter is November 16, 2018!
Please send any news or information that you would like to share with other members of the VMN Membership.
The Virginia Collaborative Professionals (VaCP, www.vacollaborativepractice.
com) will be having its 11th Annual conference on November 12, 2018. There are 3 programs being presented this year on the timely subject of the tax law changes regarding spousal support. We have received approval for 5.0 non-ethics hours CE for Mediators, 5.5 hours CLE for Attorneys, and 3.0 CE contact hours for Mental Health Professionals.
Should you have any questions, please contact Darlene Doucette, the VaCP Administrator, at vacpmembership@
vacollaborativepractice.com or 540-265-9022 (Mon- Thu).
Thank you for a wonderful Annual Fall Training Conference!
Stay tuned for Spring 2019 Events!
Congratulations to Norval "John" Settle
Mediator of the Year receipient 2018!
Karen Richards, Larry Gaughan and Otis Jarvis present the Mediator of the Year award at the 2018 VMN Annual Fall Training Conference to N. John Settle.
Be sure to register / renew your 2019 VMN Membership to take advantage of:
- Networking and marketing opportunities with attorneys, mediators, financial professionals, and other providers
- Educational programs, conferences and meetings that qualify for continuing education credits
- Mediation promotion and referral programs that can augment your practice development efforts
- Membership in VMN is your entrée into the Virginia mediation community, and signifies your participation in the field of dispute resolution in Virginia.
- Representation and liaison for mediation issues with the VA Legislature, VA Courts, VA Bar Association, Universities and more
- Discounts to conferences and training sessions
- Discounted professional liability insurance
- Membership in VMN tells clients you have a commitment to mediation.
- Clients benefit from a multidisciplinary network of professionals you can refer to, and the ongoing mediation training VMN provides
Congratulations to Larry Gaughan!
Mediator of the Year, 2017.