Extra, Extra, Read All About It!
VMN December, 2018 Newsletter is out!
MEDIATION: Introduction & Beyond
November 28 4:00-6:00 PM
Charlottesville General District Court
606 E Market St, Charlottesville, VA 22902
Adjacent to the Market Street Parking Garage
2 CME General or Family
$25 Check made payable to CABA
Join us for an information-packed presentation to the Charlottesville Albemarle Bar Association at their fourth quarter Continuing Legal Education series about mediation and why attorneys should embrace it as a tool for their practices.
Originally developed for attorneys, this presentation is open to mediators as well. Mediators will benefit by joining attorneys and learning when they decide to mediate and how they use mediation. Course material is meant to be interactive at the end of each topic so questions and comments from mediators will be welcomed.
We have obtained approval for 2 hours CME. CABA is charging their members $25 for admission and they are extending the same fee to mediators. Please bring a check made payable to CABA for that amount.
Also, because space is limited, please email Jane Dittmar if you plan to attend so we can make sure there is a packet prepared for you.
Jane Dittmar, Positive Solutions Group
Thank you for a wonderful Annual Fall Training Conference!
Stay tuned for Spring 2019 Events!
Congratulations to Norval "John" Settle
Mediator of the Year receipient 2018!
Karen Richards, Larry Gaughan and Otis Jarvis present the Mediator of the Year award at the 2018 VMN Annual Fall Training Conference to N. John Settle.
Be sure to register / renew your 2019 VMN Membership to take advantage of:
- Networking and marketing opportunities with attorneys, mediators, financial professionals, and other providers
- Educational programs, conferences and meetings that qualify for continuing education credits
- Mediation promotion and referral programs that can augment your practice development efforts
- Membership in VMN is your entrée into the Virginia mediation community, and signifies your participation in the field of dispute resolution in Virginia.
- Representation and liaison for mediation issues with the VA Legislature, VA Courts, VA Bar Association, Universities and more
- Discounts to conferences and training sessions
- Discounted professional liability insurance
- Membership in VMN tells clients you have a commitment to mediation.
- Clients benefit from a multidisciplinary network of professionals you can refer to, and the ongoing mediation training VMN provides
Congratulations to Larry Gaughan!
Mediator of the Year, 2017.