2019 VMN Annual Fall Conference
Empowering Ourselves for the Future
September 28-29, 2019
University of Richmond Jepson Alumni Center
CME Approvals are in!
16.0 Non Ethic CMEs Approved
2.0 Ethics CMEs Approved
Assistant Director for Education, Outreach & Conflict Resolution
Virginia Tech, Blacksburg
This position reports to the Director of Compliance & Conflict Resolution and is responsible for developing institutional wide civil rights compliance training, education and outreach; with a focus on primary prevention awareness programs for all employees; ongoing prevention education and awareness campaigns for students, faculty and staff; and mediation, conflict resolution services and training for employees. The position actively collaborates with campus partners who share the responsibility of creating and implementing prevention education programming to ensure Virginia Tech has a comprehensive and well integrated prevention education program.
- Master's degree in human resources, social science, public administration or a bachelor's degree with significant related experience.
- Incumbent must have extensive knowledge of civil rights laws including Title IX, with the ability to identify areas of noncompliance; be an experienced trainer, trained in Title IX and have the ability to work with highly sensitive and confidential information and exercise strong independent judgment and discretion.
- Incumbent must have experience developing and providing educational and professional development programs geared toward adult learners.
- Experience in developing prevention education programs.
- The incumbent must have experience with providing alternative dispute resolution services, particularly mediation or conflict management coaching; and be able to work with a diverse clientele with the ability to relate effectively to a wide variety of people.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills are required, as are workshop experience and facilitation skills, including the ability to independently design and conduct training programs.
- A high level of organizational and prioritization skills, including demonstrated ability to work independently under time constraints, the ability to develop and streamline compliance practices and procedures.
Review of applications begins August 26, 2019
Be sure to register / renew your 2019 VMN Membership to take advantage of:
- Networking and marketing opportunities with attorneys, mediators, financial professionals, and other providers
- Educational programs, conferences and meetings that qualify for continuing education credits
- Mediation promotion and referral programs that can augment your practice development efforts
- Membership in VMN is your entrée into the Virginia mediation community, and signifies your participation in the field of dispute resolution in Virginia.
- Representation and liaison for mediation issues with the VA Legislature, VA Courts, VA Bar Association, Universities and more
- Discounts to conferences and training sessions
- Discounted professional liability insurance
- Membership in VMN tells clients you have a commitment to mediation.
- Clients benefit from a multidisciplinary network of professionals you can refer to, and the ongoing mediation training VMN provides
Congratulations to Larry Gaughan!
Mediator of the Year, 2017.