The Virginia Mediation Network is hosting the Annual Fall Training Conference September 20-October 1, 2021. The conference will be entirely virtual, and our theme this year is “Building Bridges” between people and communities.
VMN is seeking proposals for 1-1.5 hour workshop presentations that would be of interest to conference participants. Speakers will be offered a $50 discount on conference registration fees or a $50 honorarium. Workshops on implementing Conflict Resolution in both Public and Private sectors are of special interest, however, all conference presentation ideas are welcome for review. To assist in thinking about topic areas, past participants have identified the following areas of interest:
Possible Session Ideas:
- Navigating cultural, political, and worldview differences in mediation;
- Intersection of social justice and conflict resolution tools;
- Mediation techniques;
- Facilitating heated discussions involving difficult subjects
- Conflict Coaching;
- Careers in conflict resolution (beyond mediation and law);
- Opportunities for conflict management and resolution;
- Marketing and branding;
- Technology and mediating online;
- Ethics in conflict resolution practice (must be 2 hours)
- Effects of COVID-19 on laws;
- Family mediation, including domestic violence screening, child support, and visitation’
- Ombuds in organizations;
- Arbitration demystified;
- Raising the Bar-Advanced Mediation Certification-MC3.
Presenter proposals are being accepted until July 15, 2021. However, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible so we can confirm continuing education credits for marketing purposes.
The “2021 Call for Presentations Checklist” can be downloaded here: Newsletters & Downloads (vamediation.org). Please complete and return this form along with all requested documentation. All forms are required when submitting the program proposal, as these materials are needed for the continuing education application process.
VMN, P.O. Box 29007, Henrico, VA 23242